I love the fruit market!

Friday, December 30, 2011

So I just came back from shopping (and by the way I'm brrroooooke!) I spent $10 on fruit for canning and I feel like a shopping champion. Grapefruits were on sale 7/$1 so I bought 7, and oranges were also on sale 7/$1, so I bought 14. My intention was also to candy some kumquats for cocktail garnishes, so when I didn't see them where they were supposed to be, I panicked. Then I realized they repackaged them in clamshells, so I ended up getting about 1 1/2 pounds. That's not much, but I think it will be ok for a tiny batch. The water bath will be going any way, so who cares? Lastly, I decided grapefruit marmalade is bo-ring, so I stopped at the liquor store to get some moscato wine to dump in there. Now we're talking! So the oranges will become "Orangerie", sweet/sour spiced orange slices, and that should take care of today's marathon canning session. Well, maybe the camera will get unearthed and I'll take some pictures...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

365 Days of Pickles Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino