Tortas de Aceite

Friday, December 30, 2011

So it's finally happened. I'm so smitten with these flatbreads I've taken it upon myself to make it happen at home. From time to time, I find Ines Rosales Tortas de Aceites in the supermarkets and it happened again this week. $4.99 later, I'm daintily unwrapping each layer of waxed paper, and stuffing my face full of the sweet, crunchy goodness. As I peruse the ingredients, I realize that this is something I could make myself. With that in mind, my Google-Fu springs into action. After about an hour, I make the stunning discovery that no one on the interwebs has decoded this secret formula in English. Sure, there are plenty of recipes out there, but most are reviewed and reported as being sub-par to the original crispity, crunchity Ines Rosales brand. So I turn to the dark side: I'm searching en Espanol. Within minutes, a little recipe pops up and the next half hour is devoted to translating. It even says in parentheses
"Typo Ines Rosales". Well, the recipe is from Spain, and they said they'll be like my fave brand so I translated and made a few adjustments. Recipe and results soon to follow :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

365 Days of Pickles Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino